I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Vision



"Vision is, I think, the ability to make good estimates, both for the immediate and for the more distant future. Some might feel this sort of striving to be a sort of heresy, because we A.A.'s are constantly telling ourselves, "One day at a time." But that valuable principle really refers to our mental and emotional lives and means chiefly that we are not to foolishly repine over the past nor wishfully day-dream about the future . . . Vision is therefore the very essence of prudence, an essential virtue if ever there was one. Of course we shall often miscalculate the future in whole or in part, but that is better than to refuse to think at all."
Bill W., 1962

c. 1962 AAWS
Twelve Concepts for World Service, 26th printing, p. 40


Thought to Consider . . .

Right actions for the future are the best apologies for wrong ones in the past.

AACRONYMS

T I M E
Things I Must Earn

No comments:

Post a Comment