I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Friday, August 14, 2020

Joker in the Glass

 


Chapter XXIII: His prescriptions for sobriety

You know, Dan, he [Dr. Bob] told me, many people coming into A.A. get the wrong conception of "Easy Does It", and I hope you don't. It doesn't mean that you sit on your fanny, stay home from meetings and let other people work the program for you. It doesn't mean you have an easy life without drinking. Easy Does It means you take it a day at a time.

He told me that before I could be honest with him or my sponsor or anyone else, I had to get honest with that joker in the glass.  

I didn't know what he meant by that joker in the glass. He told me that was the man in the looking glass. When you shave tomorrow, get honest with the man who looks back at you from the looking glass.

Dr. Bob and the Good Oldtimers, page 282

No comments:

Post a Comment