I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Sunday, October 4, 2020

Recovery is a “we” deal

 


Down in their hearts, wise people know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others.

~Elbert Hubbard

Bill W. knew this when he felt a relapse coming on in Akron. He looked for an alcoholic to help. He found Dr. Bob. The rest is history.

Recovery is a “we” deal. We are in this with other people. We can’t save ourselves and forget about others; most of us have tried that many times. We change our lives by taking each thing as it comes and handling it in a new, healthy way with the help and advice of our friends. The key is to call upon and use our sponsors, rely on our groups. When we need help, we know where to go to get it. But here’s the other part: when our recovering friends need help, to whom do they come? To us. We are part of their support group. We need to be there for others and serve as a sponsor for others.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me see when my recovering friends need help and support. Help me be there for them as others are there for me.

Today's Action

Today I will make a phone call to someone in my recovery group who is having a hard time lately. I will let this person know that I am thinking about him or her.

No comments:

Post a Comment