I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Monday, March 15, 2021

Committed to learning

 


Learning is a skill we develop that leads to lifelong adventure.

~Anonymous

Recovery asks that we commit ourselves to a life of learning. We do not turn our backs on our past; we learn from it. Past mistakes become guides and warnings to others and to us. As we use the Steps, our sponsor, and the fellowship, we make sense of how we got so lost. We gain knowledge of how we were seduced by intensity, which we mistook for intimacy. We see how we followed our instincts instead of spiritual principles. We see how our illness needed us to believe we were of little value. We see how our pain equaled entitlement to keep using. If we sit and listen, we learn much.

While listening in our healing circles, we are learning how to do life, how to do the next right thing. We start to see how to be of service to others instead of being a burden. We use this new knowledge over and over in this adventure we call life.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me to be open and committed to learning. Keep me from the arrogance that was part of my addiction.

Today's Action

Today I will write down five things that I’ve learned during my sobriety that have helped me have a better life.

1 comment:

  1. Serenity Prayer "Accepting hardships as a pathway to peace". Why can I not accept the things I cannot change, Humility (Getting down on my knees), prayer, Being quiet and asking what would the Master do?

    ReplyDelete