I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Monday, April 19, 2021

Anger

Surges of anger may come to us unbidden, but we don’t have to let anger lead us around by the nose. Allowing anger to color our attitudes and control our behavior is entirely up to us. Many of us are ruled by anger. This is destructive, both physically and spiritually. Not only is anger a corrosive emotion that eats at our stomach lining and our serenity, it also separates us from our Higher Power.

Many of us find relief from anger in our Twelve Step recovery programs. We learn to accept things we can’t change. Our furious reactions to people, places, and things that are not under our control subside when we turn them over to God.

Many of us suppress our anger. We would do better to acknowledge it and forgive. Above all, we need to ask for help. It works. God offers us freedom from anger, which is the same freedom we received from addiction.

If I can’t turn off my anger, I can turn it over to God.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment