I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Monday, August 30, 2021

Listen

We only want to hear good things. That we’re nice people. That our loved ones are healthy. That we did a good job. We don’t want to hear that anyone is angry with us, or that we made a mistake. We don’t want to hear about an illness or troubles.

But life isn’t just happy news. Bad things happen. We can’t change that. As we live our recovery program, we learn to handle the hard things without running back to our addiction.

We choose the path of life. We need to know all the news, good and bad. Then we can deal with life as it really is.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me listen—even when I don’t want to. Gently help me deal with both the good and bad. All the help I need is mine for the asking.

Action for the Day

I will ask my sponsor and three friends to tell me about my blind spots.

 

from the book Keep it Simple, Daily Meditations for Twelve Step Beginnings and Renewal

No comments:

Post a Comment