I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Saturday, February 12, 2022

Be Brave

In recovery we take our worst enemy, addiction, and turn it around. We were ashamed of our addiction. Over time we become proud of our recovery. We were our own worst enemy. Now we’re our own best friend. We are brave people.

Being brave is about facing our fears. Often we think brave people don’t get afraid, but this isn’t true. Brave people learn to stay put, even when their knees are shaking. Many times in recovery, we will want to run when we should stay put. We may even think about using

substances again. We need to remember our bravery and how we turned our worst enemy into a friend.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, teach me when to run and when to stay put. Help me be brave.

Action for the Day

I will claim my bravery today. I’ll hold my head up high and be proud of how far I’ve come. I now have nothing to be ashamed of.

Keep it Simple: Daily Meditations for Twelve Step Beginnings and Renewal*

No comments:

Post a Comment