I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Saturday, April 9, 2022

Branches

 

If what I say resonates with you, it’s because we are both branches of the same tree.

~W. B. Yeats

Once we begin our recovery, we have an instant bond with others in recovery; they seem to understand us pretty well even if they haven’t known us very long. This is because we have a lot in common. We have the same disease. When we hear other addicts tell their stories, we know what they have gone through because it is a lot like what we have gone through.

The disease does similar things to us all. Yet each of us is unique and different, like the branches of a tree.

The fact that we share so much with our recovering friends is a true strength. It helps us grow strong. The fact that we have our own special talents, thoughts, and dreams is also a gift. In fact, it makes us a gift to ourselves and others.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, thank you for the people in my life who understand me and love me, both because I am like them and because I am different from them.

Today's Action

Today I will make a list of people in recovery I don’t know very well. I will reach out to them so they become part of my recovery tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment