I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Is not drinking enough?



 Donna S alcoholic from NJ 

 Happy, Joyful & Free due to the grace of God.

"Is not drinking enough?"
......for me i had to learn the hard way. I found out there's more to it then not drinking, There's more to it then just showing up, there's more to it then fellowship, there more to it them the 12 Steps, and giving  back. I have to get up everyday and work on my spiritual condition as it is the only way for me to stay Happy, Joyous and Free. I have to ask God, my Higher Power, to help me. Anyone can go thru the steps, I did and I didn't follow thru.  I still have to open that book that collects dust, that's on  many people shelves, i know mine did for years.  I left it in the car so i wouldn't forget it. Well I almost drank in my 6th  year because i didn't take it all that seriously and didn't continue to  read the big book or the other AA material that's out there. It is there for a reason! I speak for myself, and if I continue to work on my self , I have to as I get complacent easily. I don't want to go back to being depressed  and into self as hard as it is some day's.  So I  read the meditations,  I talk to God, I talk to other alcoholics, go to meetings and give back and I continue to seek spiritual sobriety.
I just bought another book to read about the 12 Steps by Joe McQ,  and I read one awhile back on Spiritual Recovery. 
I  went to  ANY LENGTHS  when I was in my addiction, so now I  go to ANY LENGTHS for my recovery!!  I  am at peace with myself, most the time and that I thought was never going to be possible.
So to answer the question, Is not drinking enough? NO,I have to go to any lengths every day to keep Spiritually Fit!
I love reading new things and learning more about life and what I can use to further my Spiritual being.
I need u all , so please keep coming.  If you are new, Just keep coming, One day at a time
Love & Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment