I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Monday, February 17, 2020

Discipline


The word discipline has its origins in two Latin terms, whose literal translation means to learn and comprehend what is good for one by taking it apart. Self-discipline has as its foundation the concept of teaching. It is not built upon a flimsy platform of have to, ought to, or should.
Rather, it evolves from consistently doing what we have come to know is good for us, on every level, including the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. It is an incredibly powerful ally on our path to discovering and manifesting our best self. Many conceive of it as some form of self-deprivation, as in eating less ice cream, spending less time on enjoyable video gaming, or even in not succumbing to the allure of a pleasurable drug.

Self-discipline is actually less about what we have to do without and is more focused on specific, empowering qualities we are enhancing. It takes self-discipline to get the most out of working out, eating nutritiously, processing our emotions, and taming our negative mindtalk. It is grounded in a big yes, rather than a no, allowing us to move our big visions forward and enhance our daily lives in a multitude of positive ways.
Self-discipline reminds me to keep being my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment