I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Our purpose is not to get people sober


Twelve Step recovery initially appealed to us because we wanted someone close to get sober. We thought that if we could do our part right, the other person would get sober. And we are learning our part: We have made concrete changes in how we think and what we do. However, the drinker may still be drinking. Recovery can change only us, not them.
Living according to Twelve Step principles gives us a fresh perspective on life. Very few situations baffle us now. We have learned how to get quiet so we can hear our inner guide.
We have learned to trust sponsors whose programs we admire. We have learned that it’s not up to us to take charge of anyone else’s life. Best of all, we have learned that all is well. No longer do we feel overwhelming hopelessness. Having hope for our lives makes each day full of promise.
I can be certain that every moment of this day will bless me in some way. Twelve Step principles will help me gain a fresh perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment