I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Thursday, November 11, 2021

Spiritual development

In our spiritual development, we learn to think about time in new ways. Many of us have come to our healing journey stuck in the past, imprisoned by fears or angers that arose years ago. We live in the past through regrets and griefs about things that can never change, and we translate them into the future with fears and foreboding. Yet we all know that life is only in the present. All we need to do is live today.

Our memories shaped us, but our development is not finished. Today, we don’t have to deal with all the problems we can foresee in the future. Today, we are given a hand to play, and we can play the cards we have as we choose. With the spiritual guidance of our recovery path,

 we can resolve the pain of the past and our fears of the future. Our Higher Power reassures us that we will never be alone.

Today, once again, I awake into the present, and I thank God for the chance to live this day. I will let my Higher Power care for my fears and regrets.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment