I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Monday, November 1, 2021

The Steps



Each day that we thoughtfully make choices about our behavior and our attitudes, we offer ourselves as examples to others—examples of strength.

As men and women on recovery paths, we find encouragement from one another's successes. No one of us met our experiences very successfully before discovering this program. In most cases we lacked the structure that comes with the Steps. Direction was missing from our lives. Too often we passively bounced from person to person, job to job, drunk to drunk.

When working the Steps, we are never in doubt about the manner for proceeding in any situation.

 The Steps provide the parameters that secure our growth. They help us to see where we've been and push us toward the goals which crowd our dreams.

We have changed. We will continue to grow. The past need haunt us no more. The future can be faced with confidence. Whatever strength is needed to fulfill our destinies will find us. And our forward steps will make the way easier for the women who follow.

What a blessing these Steps are! They answer my every question. They fulfill my every need.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment