I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Monday, July 19, 2021

A lesson exists in everything we experience.


It often seems ludicrous to believe that every situation involving us is by design. For instance, how could we have chosen to experience so closely and personally the disease of addiction? And why were we attracted to lovers who repeatedly abused us emotionally, if not physically? Lots of us absolutely intended to be good parents. So why did our children become substance abusers?

There are no adequate answers to these questions. We simply have to trust that what comes our way is meant for our ultimate good. Hindsight provides acceptance, if not always understanding.

Old-timers in this Twelve Step program tell us we are in the right place at the right time. It may sound crazy, but those whom we perceive wise seem to believe it. With time and experience, we’ll come to trust their wisdom. We’ll also come to value the lessons gained through today’s experiences.

I will not fret over whatever is happening today; instead, I’ll trust that today’s circumstances will make me a wiser person.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment