I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Slow down




Our program teaches us to slow down. We learn to slow down by taking time out. During these time-outs, we look at our values and see if we’re staying true to them.

Because of that, meditation is an important part of our program. It asks us to take a bit of time to let ourselves not be rushed. We get to just look inside and connect with what we need.
Focusing on our breathing and noticing how that breath flows through us is one way to stop and connect.
 

Feeling the discomfort of stopping when we want to rush and unpacking that is another way to connect. In all of this we are able to slow down, be present, and follow our Higher Power’s plan.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, I pray for patience. In this patience, allow me to realign with my values and be entirely present.

Action for the Day

Today I’ll list three times when rushing has gotten me in trouble. How has my inability to pause led to a problem? I will take a moment today to take a break

 

No comments:

Post a Comment