I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Thursday, July 8, 2021

On the spiritual pathway

 


On the spiritual pathway, we often ambush ourselves. We can be our own worst enemy. Or, as some in our program are fond of saying, “Our head is out to get us.” The unchecked ego is humankind’s only natural enemy, and the only one we need worry about. It is a great hindrance to spiritual progress.

Our ego is the accumulation of all our beliefs, beginning with those we formed in childhood, and it gives off confusing signals. It makes us afraid of failure, but it can also make us afraid of success.
 

 It makes us feel all-knowing at times, and then utterly stupid. Its definitions depend on the circumstance; its rules constantly change. But God’s rules never change because they’re based on love for one another.

I will listen closely to distinguish the voice of God from the voice of my ego.

from the book In God's Care, Daily Meditations on Spirituality in Recovery


No comments:

Post a Comment