I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Expectations



"My serenity is inversely proportional to my expectations.
The higher my expectations of other people are,
the lower is my serenity.
I can watch my serenity level rise when I discard my expectations.
But then my 'rights' try to move in, and they, too, can force my serenity level down.
I have to discard my 'rights,' as well as my expectations, by asking myself, 'How important is it, really?
How important is it compared to my serenity, my emotional sobriety?'
And when I place more value on my serenity and sobriety
than on anything else, I can maintain them at a higher level--
at least for the time being."

Alcoholics Anonymous, 3rd Edition p. 452

Thought to Consider . . .

Lower your standards and improve your program.

AACRONYMS

GRACE
Gently Releasing All Conscious Expectations


No comments:

Post a Comment