I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Friday, May 2, 2014

Lighting The Dark Past



Lighting The Dark Past


Cling to the thought that, in God’s hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have- the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert misery and death for them.
Alcoholics Anonymous pg. 124

No longer is my past an autobiography; it is a reference book to be taken down, opened and shared. Today as I report for duty, the most wonderful picture comes through. For, though this day be dark-as some days must be- the stars will shine even brighter later. My witness that they do shine will be called for in the very near future. All my past will this day be a part of me, because it is the key, not the lock.

© Alcoholics Anonymous World Services


                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Donna S grateful alcoholic,

 I don't have to live in the dark any more. I lived there a long time and  although at the time I thought it was great, it wasn't.But because of my past, I was able to learn from it. I love being in the light today! When I came in and put the drink down, I was not all that sure what to expect, except I knew from being around before that I had to go to meetings, get a sponsor and get active. I didn't know to much else or that taking action with the steps would help free me from the darkness I lived in.

What I wasn't clear about is how one did these steps. We were just talking about sponsorship in chat, and what to really expect from one. In rehab they just say get one. lol  So I knew I had to get one and I did.( Ive had 4 now since i came in, in 1999) What ever they said I did but it took me into my 6th year to see if i didn't get honest, serious, and willing I was going to go back into the black hole. The disease of addiction is ALWAYS waiting for me.
I liked to play on the tracks, and because I did my will and not Gods will, I almost picked up. When that happened I understood I couldn't keep me sober, nor sane. A Higher Power, willingness, honesty, and hard work on my part was what I had to do! I found someone who was willing to take me thru and I was able to dig in with the help of God and a big book sponsor.
Working with others helps to  keep me focused. Left alone and just sitting in meetings just doesn't cut it for me. I need more or  I get complacent. I need to pray, ask for courage,strength, direction, and willingness each day!
 I am grateful for Stepchat and all the people I've met here. You all are a big part of my sobriety,and  I pray for u all each night.
  Thank you

 God Bless   keep coming and hold on to your seats!!

No comments:

Post a Comment