I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Friday, May 2, 2014

Lighting The Dark Past



Lighting The Dark Past


Cling to the thought that, in God’s hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have- the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert misery and death for them.
Alcoholics Anonymous pg. 124

No longer is my past an autobiography; it is a reference book to be taken down, opened and shared. Today as I report for duty, the most wonderful picture comes through. For, though this day be dark-as some days must be- the stars will shine even brighter later. My witness that they do shine will be called for in the very near future. All my past will this day be a part of me, because it is the key, not the lock.

© Alcoholics Anonymous World Services


                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment