I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Big Book Meeting Step 11



 
Page 86 big book
When we retire at night, we constructively review our day. Were we resentful, selfish, dishonest or afraid? Do we owe an apology? Have we kept something to ourselves which should be discussed with another person at once? Were we kind and loving toward all? What could we have done better? Were we thinking of ourselves most of the time? Or were we thinking of what we could do for others, of what we could pack into the stream of life? But we must be careful not to drift into worry, remorse or morbid reflection, for that would diminish our usefulness to others. After making our review we ask God's forgiveness and inquire what corrective measures should be taken.


On awakening let us think about the twenty-four hours ahead. We consider our plans for the day. Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives. Under these conditions we can employ our mental faculties with assurance, for after all God gave us brains to use. Our thought-life will be placed on a much higher plane when our thinking is cleared of wrong motives.
In thinking about our day we may face indecision. We may not be able to determine which course to take. Here we ask God for inspiration, an intuitive thought or a decision. We relax and take it easy. We don't struggle. We are often surprised how the right answers come after we have tried this for a while.



 Donna S alcoholic
 

The part of the reading i do everyday is wake up and talk to God asking for His will for my day, and to divorce me from self, selfishness, self-centerness, dishonesty, lust, greed, pride, envy, and sloth, instead make me a channel  thru u God of love & peace patience and tolerance kindness and forgiveness and understanding, let me bring hope to others in this day and remind me when i lose sight of whats is right and thanking Him for another day. I have gotten use to thanking Him all thru the day... for the good and bad.I take the time in the morning to listen as well.... and change up what i might read... or listen to some morning  meditations on YouTube or music that is positive  and soothing, it makes for my day to start out positive.  Mon ,Tue, Wed  & Fri, I have morning meetings which i am grateful for. I can stop any time during the day, if i feel out of sorts and take the time to talk to God....it isn't just a morning and night thing and it took me years of practice to do remember to do it. Now it is just part of my day into the night.  I miss it if i don't do it and some days i wake up late and meeting is going to start and i have to do my readings and meditations afterwards. I don't forget to do it ,as i WILL feel it as my day  goes on. I also have reminders on my cell phone from others in program and i send them to others in program as well
I do my check list at bed time and ask for forgiveness as i am not perfect and always thank God for all the blessings in  my life ,He gives me more then i deserve!!!! Talk about gratitude, i should be dead so how can I NOT talk to God and not listen. How can I NOT give back so freely what has been given to ?? I don't want to forget where i came from and by doing what this step says ensures me i will stay spiritually closer to God and our relationship will blossom more.


No comments:

Post a Comment