I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Saturday, August 17, 2019

The Gift


"When asked, 'Are there any conditions?' we joyfully reply, 'No, not a one.' When skeptically he comes back saying, 'But certainly there must be things that I have to do and believe,' we quickly answer, 'In Alcoholics Anonymous there are no musts.' Cynically, perhaps, he then inquires,
 

'What is all this going to cost me?' We are able to laugh and say, 'Nothing at all, there are no fees and dues.' Thus, in a brief hour, is our friend disarmed of his suspicion and rebellion . . . Alcoholics Anonymous is saying, 'We have something precious to give, if only you will receive.' That is all."
Bill W., February 1948
1988AAGrapevine, The Language of the Heart, p. 79


Thought to Consider . . .

Sobriety is a gift, not a right

AACRONYMS

G I F T S
Getting It From The Steps

No comments:

Post a Comment