I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

The Waltz


Is there a rhythm to recovery?
Twelve Step recovery is lived in three-quarter time -- one-two-three, one-two-three; over and over again.

It starts when I realize I am making my life unmanageable, trying to control something over which I am powerless -- that's one. Then, I find faith that my Higher Power can help -- that's two. And finally, I decide to trust -- one, two three.

Powerlessness, faith, trust -- the beat of the first three Steps. That's the waltz: one-two-three, one-two-three, one-two-three.

Then I do it all over again with something new or, more embarrassing, just the same old thing.
In my head I know that my will and life are in the care of my Higher Power and my life is better when I trust. Why don't I do it all the time? The answer, in my opinion, is that faith is not a constant.


Faith has a cycle and when my faith is at a low ebb, I reach out to take control. When my faith is strong, trust is easier.

I think this ebb and flow are a natural part of being human. Faith is hard for a rational mind, and my rational mind never gives up the argument for long.

Those days when I find myself once more at Step One, I just chalk it up to a Higher Power shortage and wait for trust to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment