I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Sunday, March 8, 2020


Conscience is the perfect interpreter of life.

~Karl Barth
In a moment’s pause, before we respond to a person or situation, may come a clear message indicating how we are to act or what we are to say. In that quiet moment, our conscience calls to us. Our willingness to pause, listen, and then act as our Inner Guide suggests, will ensure that our relations with others will reflect our true values.
Many of us feel God’s presence most through our conscience. Seldom are we truly in doubt about the proper response to a friend.
And yet, we may still refuse to pause and listen to God’s message—to remember and affirm our values. And then we experience guilt and shame.
We complicate our relationships needlessly when we act before we think. Our agitated ego takes over, and we lose sight of the sure knowledge that God is the director, we are the actors. A quiet mind lets us hear the directions.
I will be quiet, if only for a moment, before sharing my thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment