I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Seeking Wisdom

He who knows and knows he knows, he is wise—Follow him!
~Arabian saying
In the beginning of practicing the principles of our program, a complete understanding of them and knowing why they work is not really important. Sponsors usually tell a newcomer, “Just do it!” and “Fake it ’til you make it!” Analyzing “why” may become important later. But in the beginning, we accept advice blindly because the friends who teach us are, themselves, examples of why the principles work.
The program we follow is a simple one. All we need to do is know that the Steps work, and follow that knowledge.
Those who find comfortable recovery know that what they’ve learned has been basically simple facts about themselves and their obsessive illness.
Learning the simple facts of my illness and practicing the principles of my program will lead to wisdom and lasting recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment