I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Inconsistency


The secret of success is constancy of purpose.

~Benjamin Disraeli


Inconsistency is one of the biggest boulders that block our way on the road to recovery. When we’re really fired up to throw off the bondage of the past, we can’t wait to do what it takes. If that means meetings, then so be it. If it means reading, we will read until our eyes hurt. If it means digging into the past, just watch the cobwebs fly! For a while.
Then, sometimes much sooner than later, we figure we’ve done enough, the whole venture may get “old” or seem excessive—so we slack off.
We don’t attend as many meetings, the reading slows down, and our family-of-origin work (examining our past and our family’s dynamics to understand their effects on us) is relegated to the bottom of our priority list.
The important thing is not to stop. We don’t have to do it all at once, and we can’t expect a high tide of enthusiasm never to ebb. We just have to do a little bit each day, no matter how we feel.
I won’t let my feelings dictate how I work my program. Today, I will be consistent.

from the book Days of Healing, Days of Joy


No comments:

Post a Comment