I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Every passage...


Our life of active addiction had a price, and we paid it. It asked for our dignity, and we gave it up. It asked for our relationships, and we gave them up. It asked for our self-respect; we gave that up, too. We did whatever our addiction asked of us. We paid any price it asked.
Recovery will also ask us to ante up. We will need to surrender our wills and lives over to a Higher Power. We will need to go to meetings even when we don’t want to. We will have to work and help those who still suffer.

We will have to make lists of wrongs done and make amends to those we have harmed. Yes, every passage has its price, even recovery.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, I pray for willingness to show up whenever and wherever recovery needs me to.

Today's Action

Today I will do something nice for someone. Freely doing for others helps me be more willing in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment