I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Many types of people


As we live within the recovering community, we will meet many types of people. We will meet some who take their recovery very seriously and others who don’t. We must remember that this is our life we’re fighting for. Addiction is a very dangerous and deadly illness. We need to surround ourselves with the best. We deserve it. An AA saying tells us to “Stick with the winners.” Why? So we, too, can be winners.
During our active addiction, we helped to bring out the worst in others. We supported our using friends in doing things that were dangerous and destructive.
We argued and fought with our families until all sides were operating from the worst parts of their being. Now we learn attitudes and skills to support each other in being the best we can be. And the reward: we get to be the best we can be.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, please lift me higher. Please surround me with your love and with people who will give me love even when I don’t believe I deserve it.

Today's Action

Today I will make a list of the winners I see in my recovery community. I will make a commitment to get to know them and let them help me be a winner.

from the book God Grant Me, More Daily Meditations from the Authors of Keep It Simple


No comments:

Post a Comment