I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Surrender


Reflection for the Day

The first psychiatrist to recognize the work of Alcoholics Anonymous, Dr. Harry Tiebout, used many concepts of the program in his own practice. Over many years, the doctor’s study of the “conversion experience” led him to see, first, that it is the act of surrender that initiates the switch from negative to positive; second, that the positive phase is really a state of surrender that follows the act of surrender; and third, that the state of surrender, if maintained, supplies an emotional tone to all thinking and feeling that ensures healthy adjustment. Am I living in a constant state of surrender?

Today I Pray

May I understand that I do not have to “unlearn” my respect for self-reliance, that trait of character that I heard praised so often from the time I was a tiny child. Only my understanding of the word must change. For as I come to know that my “self” is part of my Higher Power, there is no quarrel between self-reliance and Higher Power-reliance. May I rely upon my Higher Power and understand my Higher Power is part of me.

Today I Will Remember

I am not a Higher Power, but my Higher Power is part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment