I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Monday, December 20, 2021

As active addicts, we walked through life as if we were disposable. Shame kept telling us we had no value, and over time we acted as if we had no value. We acted as if how we conducted ourselves didn’t matter—but it did. A fellow addict used to say that it wouldn’t matter if he dropped dead tomorrow. When he died of his addiction, there were many tears at his funeral, especially by his children.

We must go out into our life and make a difference. With each new day that we stay sober and live by spiritual values, we get rid of a bit more shame. Over time the shame goes away, and we start to see the happiness

 that our new way of being brings. We see that just being at home, playing with our children or spouse, makes a difference. We see that just being a good employee makes a difference. We see that just being a good citizen makes a difference. We see our value, and it makes us happy.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, when I am not able to see my own value, help me to see that I make a difference. Take away my shame.

Today's Action

Today I will practice walking through my day as if I make a difference. I will work to be helpful to others and to conduct myself with dignity.


No comments:

Post a Comment