I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Choices



L
ooking back we see that our freedom to choose badly was not, after all, a very real freedom. When we chose because we "must," this was not a free choice either. But it got us started in the right direction.
 
 When we chose because we "ought to" we were really doing better. This time we were earning some freedom, making ourselves ready for more.
 
 But when, now and then, we could gladly make right choices without rebellion,
 holdout, or conflict, then we had our first glimpse of what perfect freedom under God's will could be like.

Bill W., May 1960
c. 1988 AA Grapevine, The Language of the Heart, p. 302


Thought to Consider . . . 

We live life in the moment but understand it looking back with the tool of gratitude.
 

AACRONYMS

O D A A T
One Day At A Time

 

No comments:

Post a Comment