I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Sunday, December 19, 2021

Help Me




How difficult it is to acknowledge that we need help! How it goes against the grain to admit we are needy. But “Help me!” is the password that opens the door to recovery.

When we say these words to our Higher Power, spouse or partner, or friend, we are really saying we are ready to be honest. For some of us, this may be the first honest personal statement we have made in many years.

When we ask others to help us learn to be free, to deal with our illusions, to shuck off our compulsions, we are asking them to help us turn on the light.

Only the light of honesty can show us our hidden immaturities and stumbling-block character defects. Childish temper tantrums disguised as righteous indignation must be seen for what they are. The inability to accept love must not be allowed to wear the mask of sophistication. Are we too cool to be caught or too scared to be honest?

Some things are just too difficult to figure out without a little help from our friends.

Today, I will come closer to freedom by asking someone who is honest to help me be honest.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment