I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Thursday, January 20, 2022

Addiction



As our illness progressed, we became empty and hollow. We humans need real connections with other people, our Higher Power, our values, and ourselves. Our illness leads us to betray all of these connections. Addiction gives us an illusion of connection as long as we stay in the trance. When the trance ends, the emptiness appears, and we get scared and run back to the high. The end result of addiction is total aloneness, total emptiness. Our addiction pushes away the things that feed our hearts and souls.

Recovery asks that we open up our hearts and souls to be filled again. But to do this, we must face the emptiness of our

 addiction and then ask for help. We need to ask others and our Higher Power to help and teach us how to be humans instead of addicts.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me be open to the teachings, tasks, and gifts of recovery. Fill me with your presence.

Today's Action

Today I will make a list of ways that my drinking or drugging emptied my heart and soul. I will share my list with my sponsor or another recovery friend.

from the book God Grant Me: More Daily Meditations

No comments:

Post a Comment