I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Monday, January 31, 2022

We Cannot Stand Still


"In the first days of A.A., I wasn't much bothered about the areas of life in which I was standing still. There was always the alibi: 'After all,' I said to myself, 'I'm far too busy with much more important matters.' That was my near perfect prescription for comfort and complacency."

"How many of us would presume to declare, 'Well, I'm sober and I'm happy. What more can I want, or do? I'm fine the way I am.' We know that the price of such self-satisfaction is an inevitable backslide, punctuated at some point by a very rude awakening. We have to grow or else deteriorate. For us, the status quo can only be for today, never for tomorrow. Change we must; we cannot stand still."

1. GRAPEVINE, JUNE 1961
2. GRAPEVINE, FEBRUARY 1961

 

No comments:

Post a Comment