I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Sunday, January 9, 2022

God’s love

We seem so certain at times that we alone must find the solution to a nagging, troubling situation. As we obsessively focus our attention on the problem, we feel even greater frustration when the solution eludes us.

Most of us have heard that we keep a problem a problem by giving our attention to it—by the power we give it. What we generally forget is that placing our focus on God instead, while believing in God’s love for us and

God’s concern for our plight, will reveal the solution quite quickly.

God’s love is constant. God’s willingness to care for us, always, is there to be discovered. Our challenges offer us opportunities to remember God’s presence. All challenges, though painful on occasion, are really our invitations to walk a stronger spiritual path.

God’s love accompanies me everywhere today. I won’t stumble if I remember this.

from the book In God's Care: Daily Meditations on Spirituality in Recovery*

No comments:

Post a Comment