I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Thank God-whatever God is-





Thank God-whatever God is-that there is room in this program for a God of my understanding.

In the beginning I resisted the notion of God and only chose a version that was just enough to keep me sober that day.
I wasn't particularly interested in a lifelong commitment.

Seeing God as Good Orderly Direction worked just fine, for a while, but it was still a halfhearted concession.

But on my darkest day in sobriety, the only thing that ultimately stood between me and a drink was a power greater than what ii could name.

The feeling of God working in my life in that moment became so personal and so big that I couldn't explain it; I only has time to embrace it.

I've never been worried about what to call it since.

Thanks for giving me plenty of room to work that out!

No comments:

Post a Comment