I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Change your attitude



So many times I forget that I didn't get sick overnight, that I don't get well overnight. Recovery is not a quick fix. It is a process.

So much of my recovery, has been my conscious contact with my Higher Power. Developing a relationship that works. Not something that happens when I am needy or call on when I have been greedy and need to make an amend.

It is someone to call on preferable, before the fact instead of after.

How many times I have heard, well I thought of you but did it anyway. I can remember saying to my spiritual adviser,

"Picking up seemed to be the only option." He would reply, "There was another option." Instead of using, call on your Higher Power for the courage, strength and direction you need. Ask for the comfort, love and acceptance you need.

Change your attitude from, "I am not worthy" to "I am worthy of recovery and good things." Change my attitude from "I can do it alone" to "Higher Power, I need Your help."

Change my attitude about the people, places and things around me. The world is not out to get me. God doesn't test me. God leads and directs so that I may learn and grow to be a better person, not only for my sake, but His who made me. We are Co-Creators of our own Universe.

Have you changed your attitude enough to aid you in your recovery?

1 comment:

  1. Yes I am definitely working on changing my attitude. When I choose to connect with my hp my life is better and I make better decisions

    ReplyDelete