I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Friday, April 13, 2018

Principle Before Expediency


"Most of us thought good character was desirable. Obviously, good character was something one needed to get on with the business of being self-satisfied.
 

 With a proper display of honesty and morality, we'd stand a better chance of getting what we really wanted. But whenever we had to choose between character and comfort, character-building was lost in the dust of our chase after what we thought was happiness.
 


 Seldom did we look at character-building as something desirable in itself. We never thought of making honesty, tolerance, and true love of man and God the daily basis of living."

"How to translate a right mental conviction into a right emotional result, and so into easy, happy, and good living, is the problem of life itself.
"


1. TWELVE AND TWELVE, PP. 71-72
2. GRAPEVINE, JANUARY 1958

No comments:

Post a Comment