I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Anger

Happy Birthday A.A.!!!Imparted June 10, 1935!





Then the miracle happened - to me! It isn't always so sudden with everyone, but I ran into a personal crisis which filled me with a raging and righteous anger. And as I fumed helplessly and planned to get good and drunk and show them, my eye caught a sentence to the book lying open on my bed. 'We cannot live with anger.' The walls crumpled - and the light streamed in. I wasn't trapped. I wasn't helpless. I was free, and I didn't have to drink to 'show them.' This wasn't 'religion' - this was freedom! Freedom from anger and fear, freedom to know happiness and love."
1976 AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 228

No comments:

Post a Comment