I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Stressful Feelings


What we need more than anything else is more facts about feelings. 
                                                                                                                                      ~Dona Robinson~

We usually know when we are under stress;our body tells us-with a stiff neck, a gnawing stomach, a throbbing headache. W also usually know the source of the stress. How ever, we tend to characterize it in general terms--the job, the marriage, the money situation-and that's as far as we go.

  If we take the time to go further, were likely to find that out stress feelings are much the result of our reactions to life's events as the events themselves.

  That's why some of us wrote out a "stress inventory" during trying times. This practice helps us pinpoint the particular aspect of our job, or relationship, for example, that's upsetting us. More important, it can reveal how we may be contributing to the stress. Here are the kinds of questions we might ask.....



  What sort of occurrences usually cause my strongest negative reactions? Are there certain people to whom I almost always react negatively ? Is the way i react based on present reality, or is it tied to memories of painful past experiences?

  Of course, each of us can develop our own list of questions. If we are honest with our answers, the inventory can show us exactly where to focus our attention.


THOUGHT FOR TODAY: Do I know enough about my stressful feelings?

Reading from; AT MY BEST -for Physical, Spiritual & Emotional Sell-Being

No comments:

Post a Comment