I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Listen and learn


“Listen and learn”: It’s a slogan that becomes more useful the more we use it.

It’s not easy to admit that we don’t listen well. We may appear to be listening when we’re deep in conversation, but how much do we really hear? There is a big difference between listening and hearing.
From Twelve Step meetings and the sponsors and friends we acquire here, we have many opportunities to get the help we need, but we have to be willing first to listen and then to really hear what they tell us. Learning comes from hearing.

What is it that we need to hear at these meetings? We need to hear that it’s possible to go on with our lives and be happy, even if the addict is still using. We need to hear that it’s possible to let go of trying to control other people and live our lives only. We need to hear how others have done an inventory and have begun to look honestly at themselves instead of others for a change. And we need to hear of the relief that comes with forgiveness. Over time we’ll learn many more things. This is only a beginning, but it’s a good place to start.

I know others will be sharing messages I need to hear today. God, help me be willing to listen, hear, and learn.

1 comment: