I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Saturday, June 27, 2020

Value Ourselves


It seems like ages ago, but there was a time when our low self-esteem and fear of people caused us to feel and act like social misfits. Because we became easily flustered, we were frequently were tactless and clumsy. We rarely entered or departed rooms and situations but instead barged in or fled.

  Our feelings and behavior have changed dramatically because we have changed on the inside. Over months and years we've gained self awareness and have worked hard to grow and mature. We have developed faith and trust in God and, as the result, have a new source of inner strength.

  Today, we are usually poised and confident in social situations. Because we've come to know ourselves, it's easier to express ourselves.

Because we have learned to value ourselves, we are better able to recognize and appreciate the value of others. Almost always, we remain composed and tactful.

  Where once our lack of confidence in social situations burdened us with stress, and caused us to feel inept and unacceptable, our inner poise now brings deep sense of self-assurance and well-being.


THOUGHT FOR TODAY- Now that I've become comfortable in my own skin, it's so much easier to be comfortable with other people.


From the Book; At My Best

No comments:

Post a Comment