I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Higher Power’s will


If the will remains in protest, the individual needs to ask, “Is there something in me that is a cause of, or contributes to, my paralysis?”

~Rollo May
Trusting only our will is one of the characteristics of addiction. In our addiction, we used our will in a misguided way to try to deny the past or even change it. We used our will to try to control ourselves and others. Willpower, as such, has no place in recovery. Working a Twelve Step program helps us change the way we use our will.


The more we realize that a Higher Power’s will is operating in our lives, the more we can use our will as it should be used—to make the efforts necessary to carry out God’s will for us. This takes us out of the past and into the present. Facing the past honestly, rather than applying our will to reinforce our version of the past, puts us firmly in the present, living today only.
The past is over. I will find God’s will for me in what happens to me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment