I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Meditation





A friend in Program says . . .
Meditation was always a mystery to me. I didn't know how to do it, and I never like trying something that I'm not going to be good at. I always thought there was a "right" way to meditate; that is, until I took a walk one day and decided to meditate while walking.

Several minutes into the walk, I suddenly felt myself getting focused. For more than fifteen minutes, I was experiencing the moment. I was aware of so many sights, sounds, and smells. The sun was just rising; there was a cloud that continually changed colors in the new morning light; there were chirping crickets and singing birds.
So it seems to me that our lives are a series of moments, and meditation is simply experiencing those moments one after another. If we ever perfected meditation, life would be one big moment of total awareness. But for me, just then, merely having a series of brief moments of being in the "now" was a wonderful and glorious thing.


"The spiritual life is never one of achievement: it is always one of letting go."

No comments:

Post a Comment