I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Monday, February 12, 2018

ABC's



(a) That we were alcoholic and could not manage our own lives.
(b) That probably no human power could have relieved our alcoholism.
(c) That God could and would if He were sought.

 That says So much right there! I am an alcoholic and i couldn't as much as i tried to relieve my alcoholism and i depended on others to be my Higher Power.
  I was so defiant to try something new. I kept expecting different results in the same thing putting my faith in man and they let me down over and over.


Sure i could say I believed in God,  but faith with out works is dead....i didn't put any faith in a Higher Power nor did i turn my will over to God. Instead i went with my own way with me trying to fix me and ended in disaster over and over,then i blame others for it.

 So ........"The first requirement is that we be convinced that any life run on self-will can hardly be a success". Requirement is a must! I heard in meetings some people share; there are no musts or requirements. Then my sick thinking hears  this and i believe it and then i don't listen to what is important. There are requirements and musts if I want to get better and if I want to live a life free of alcoholism.

So I got with the Big book which tells me HOW to recover from this hopeless state of mind and body. I followed the requirements, I came to believe, then I turned my will over to a God of my understanding.

On this journey I saw God could and would if i continue to seek Him out each day, thru out the day and I SEE when i don't, how my day doesn't go so smoothly.

 So i will continue to come to meetings, read the big book and continue to seek His will and continue to grow.

God Bless๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ˜Š 




No comments:

Post a Comment