I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Monday, January 14, 2019

IT DOESN'T HAPPEN OVERNIGHT


The most common alcoholic fantasy seems to be: "If I just don't drink, everything will be all right." Once the fog cleared for me, I saw - for the first time - the mess my life had become. I had family, work, financial and legal problems; I was hung up on old religious ideas; there were sides of my character to which I was inclined to stay blind because they easily could have convinced me that I was hopeless and pushed me toward escape again.
 


The Big Book guided me in resolving all of my problems. But it didn't happen overnight - and certainly not automatically - with no effort on my part. I need always to recognize God's mercy and blessings that shine through any problem I have to face.

Daily Reflection

No comments:

Post a Comment