I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Slip




"I had commenced to drink as though the cocktails were ginger ale. I now remembered what my alcoholic friends had told me, how they prophesied that if I had an alcoholic mind, the time and place would come - I would drink again . . . I knew from that moment that I had an alcoholic mind. I saw that will power and self-knowledge would not help in those strange mental blank spots . . . I had never been able to understand people who said that a problem had them hopelessly defeated. I knew then. It was a crushing blow."
c. 1976, 2001AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, pp. 41-2


Thought to Consider . . .

I have learned it's the first drink that gets me drunk

AACRONYMS

S L I P
Sobriety Loses Its Priority

No comments:

Post a Comment