I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

AA Sayings heard around the rooms


*

*Don't expect and you will not be disappointed





*
The longer a burden is carried, the heavier it gets - so TODAY - I choose to live a life of serenity and not a life of regrets...

*
Resentment - The best cure is to ask your self: Have I ever done what I am resenting that person for? -


*"AA works on all kinds of nuts (including myself). I just needed to find the right wrench."

*If I'm not the problem...then there is no solution"

*The past is depression, the future is anxiety, so why not stay in today


*We need self-acceptance before we can have self improvement
 

*For every meeting, there are three meetings: (1) The meeting before the meeting, (2) the meeting, and (3) the meeting after the meeting. Attend all three meetings.


* Normal  is  a  setting  on  the  dish  washer

*You may be the only copy of the Big Book some people ever see.



*Commitments don't just keep us sober. They keep us involved and feeling like we're a part of something that is worthwhile.

*There are no endings, only new beginnings.


*You are 3 people:  Who you think you are  Who other people think you are and Who you really are.

*Do I want to be happy or be right?


*There are 2 times when you ought to go to meetings. 1. when you want to go 2. when you don't want to go

*No matter where I go, there I am.


*If drinking doesn't bring you to your knees, sobriety will.

*Under every dress there's a slip.

*If I don't change, my sobriety date will !

*Keep coming back, it works if you work it.


*It works -------it really does ! (page 88,line 8 in the big book)

*Call your sponsor before, not after, you take the first drink

*Be as enthusiastic about AA as you were about your drinking

*There are 12 steps in the ladder of complete sobriety


*First we stayed sober because we have to......Then we stay sober because we are willing to....Finally we stay sober because we want to.

*Active alcoholics dont have relationships; they take hostages


*All you need to start your own AA meeting is a resentment and a coffee pot

*When all else fails.........the directions are in the big book

*How does one become an old-timer ? don't drink and don't die One Day at a Time!

*Even my worst day in sobriety is better than my best day drunk

*We all have another drunk left in us but we dont know if we have another recovery in us

*I only have to change one thing - EVERYTHING!


*It is sometimes easier to give up the wine than it is to give up the whine

*You can wake up and say "Good morning, God" or "Good God, it's morning!"

*It's not alcohol-wasm; it's alcoholism.

*Some people think alcoholism is a two-fold disease--more and right now. 

*Alcoholism: Once you are a pickle, you can't be a cucumber. But once you are a pickle, you can be a newcomer.

*If I have my HP in one hand and coffee in the other than I will be alright.

*Any two or three alcoholics gathered together in sobriety may call themselves an AA group.
 
*It only takes a day to learn 'how it works' and a lifetime to practice it!

*AA is a check-up from the neck up.
 
*~one drink = a drunk ~When I drink I break out in a binge

*Just accept, don't expect"
 

*I put a dollar in the change machine Nothing changed ...  Opened the AA book and my whole life changed"


*I would liked to have slipped into something more comfortable before my very 1st AA meeting ... like a coma.

*Before you open your mouth to speak, make sure it is an improvement on the silence.

*If you fail to change the person you were when you came in, that person will take you out

*If at first U don't succeed ... U R doing about average."

*Courage is fear that has said its prayers.

*Complacency: A feeling of well-being when surrounded by extreme danger. 
 
*U will go far in AA...because U have a long ways to go!

*If the path your on has no obstacles, then it probably doesn't lead anywhere.

*Acceptance is knowing the past will never get better.

*Take care of your body. If you don't, where else are you going to live?

*Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

*Negativity is my disease asking me to come out and play

*You can't change the wind, but you can adjust the sails.

*Daily meditation for about 20 minutes is recommended for all in recovery; unless, of course,  you're very busy-then you should meditate for an hour.

*Don't point a finger; point the whole hand (reach out).

*My bottom is where I put my shovel down.

*Serenity is God's garden. The entrance is through our hearts. 

 
*Action: Utilize, don't analyze

*Resentment is like burning down your house to get rid of a rat.

*It's not what or how much you drank, it's what it did to you.

*Trying is what got me drunk; doing is what keeps me sober
*Being a "little bit alcoholic" is like being a "little bit pregnant.

*I used to COMPLAIN that rose bushes had THORNS..... Today, I REJOICE that THORN bushes have ROSES!

*If you want what you never had, you have to do what you've never done.

*The three most dangerous words for an alcoholic-"I've been thinking"

*We don't want to drink like gentlemen; we want to drink like pigs and be treated like gentlemen.

*If I don't "pause when agitated", I might use my "paws when agitated
 
*Easy does it: When all else fails, try following directions.

*I had to be the one to come to terms with the fact that I HAD a problem ..and I needed help

*Acceptance is knowing the past will never get better.

*Keep an attitude of gratitude.

*Instead of asking God to change the circumstances in your life why don't you try asking God to use the circumstances in your life to change you. 

*We came, we came to, we came to believe.

*Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday!

*If you have God in one hand and the fellowship in the other hand, You can't get drunk today

*The program has taught me to think faster than my mouth

*We are not reformed drunks–but informed alcoholics.

*When you re-read the Big Book, you do not see more than you did before.


*Read your Big Book every day, but try reading only the black parts.

*Relationships: For true intimacy to take place, I must be a whole person forming a partnership, not a broken person seeking another to be whole.

*Being humble means being teachable.


*To slip, work the Steps in reverse: Quit doing service (Step 12), let go of your spiritual life (Step 11), stop taking a daily inventory (Step 10), making amends (Steps 8 and 9), asking for help on character flaws (Steps 6 and 7), using a sponsor (Step 5), turning your life over to the care of a higher power (Step 3), believing in a higher a power (Step 2), and you will forget you are powerless over alcohol (Step 1)

*An alcoholic without a sponsor is like leaving Dracula in charge of the blood bank

*The MIRACLE happens when we get sober. The MAGIC happens when we apply the principles to all our affairs



*RECOVERY IS SIMPLE EAT, SLEEP, WORK THE STEPS

No comments:

Post a Comment