I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

AACRONYMS


 

*AA = Attitude Adjustment

*AA = Altruistic Action


*ALCOHOLICS = A Life Centered On Helping Others Live In Complete Sobriety
 
*ANONYMOUS = Actions Not Our Names Yield Maintenance Of Uninterrupted
Sobriety

*ACTION
= Any Change Toward Improving One's Nature

 
*ABC = Acceptance, Belief, Change...

 
*BIG BOOK = Believing In God Beats Our Old Knowledge

 
*CHANGE = Choosing Honesty Allows New Growth Everyday

 
*CARE = Comforting And Reassuring Each Other


*DENIAL = Don't Even Notice I Am Lying

 
*DETACH = Don't Even Think About Changing Him/Her


*DEAD = Drinking Ends All Dreams

 
*EGO = Easing God Out


*FEAR = Frantic Effort to Appear Real


*FEAR = Forget Everything and Run 


*FEAR = False Evidence Appearing Real

 
*FEAR = Feelings expressed Allows Relief

 
*FEAR = Face Everything And Recover! (definitely recommended)

 
*FEAR = Fighting Ego Against Reality


*FEAR = Few Ever Arrive Rejoicing


False Expectations Appearing Real
*FAITH = Fear Ain't In This House
 
*FAITH = Facing An Inner Truth Heals


*FAITH = Finally Admitted I Trust Him

*FAITH = Fear Ain't In This House


Finally Admitted I Trust Him
Finally Admitted I Trust Him
Finally Admitted I Trust Him
*FAILURE = Fearful, Arrogant, Insecure, Lonely, Uncertain, Resentful, Empty 

*FINE = Faithful, Involved, Knowledgeable and Experienced
 
*FINE = Frustrated, Insecure, Neurotic, Emotional


*FINE = Frantic, Insane, Nuts and Egotistical

*GIFTS = Getting It From The Steps

*GIFT = God Is Forever There


*GOD = Good Orderly Direction 

*GOD = Group Of Drunks  

*HEART = Healing  Enjoying and Recovering Together
 
*HALT = Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired: (Fix these situations before you make any decisions)

 
*HALT = Honestly, Actively, Lovingly Tolerant

 
*HALT = Hope, Acceptance, Love and Tolerance

 
*HELP = His Ever Loving Presence 


*HELP = Hope, Encouragement, Love and Patience
 
*HOPE
= Happy Our Program Exists

 
*HOPE = Having Organized Priorities Everyday


*HOPE =
Hearing Other Peoples' Experience


*HOW = Honest, Open-Minded and Willing (That's how we do it)

 
*ISM
= I, Self, Me

 
*ISM
= Incredibly Short Memory

 
*KISS = Keeping It Simple, Spiritually

 
*LOVE
= Living Our Victories Everyday


*LET GO = Leave Everything To God, Okay?

 

*NUTS = Not Using The Steps
 
*PROGRAM = People Relying On God Relaying A Message

 
*PACE = Positive Attitudes Change Everything

 
*PAIN = Pause And Invite New

 
*PRIDE
= Personal Recovery Involves Defeating Ego

 
*PMS = Pour Me Syndrome

 
*RELATIONSHIP
= Real Exciting Love Affair Turns Into Outrageous 

Nightmare, Sobriety Hangs In Peril

*SOLUTIONS = Saving Our Lives Using The Inventory Of Needed Steps
 
*SLIP = Sobriety Loses Its Priority

 
*SPONSOR = Sober Person Offering Newcomers Suggestions On Recovery

 
*STEPS = Solutions To Every Problem in Sobriety

 
*TIME = Things I Must Earn


*WILLING
= When I Live Life, I Need God

 
*YET = You're Eligible Too




No comments:

Post a Comment