I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Nameless

From "The Three Legacies of Alcoholics Anonymous":

"[Tradition Eleven] represents more than a sound public relations policy.
It is more than a denial of self-seeking. Tradition Eleven is certainly a
constant reminder that personal ambition has no place in A.A., but it also
implies that each member ought to become an active guardian of our
fellowship in its relation with the general public.
"As we have seen, anonymity is the protective mantle that covers our whole
society. But it is more than protection; it has another dimension, a
spiritual significance. And this leads to Tradition Twelve, which reads:
'Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our Traditions, ever reminding us to
place principles before personalities.'
"In my belief, the entire future of our fellowship hangs upon this vital
principle. If we continue to be filled with the spirit and practice of
anonymity, no shoal or reef can wreck us. If we forget this principle, the lid
to Pandora's box will be off and the spirits of Money, Power, and Prestige
will be loosed among us."

2001 AAWS, Inc.; Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age, pg. 131
 

No comments:

Post a Comment