I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Accept My Humanness


From: "A Nourishing Ingredient


"How often do I focus on my problems and frustrations? When I am having a 'good day' these same problems shrink in importance and my preoccupation with them dwindles. Wouldn't it be better if I could find a key to unlock the 'magic' of my 'good days' for use on the woes of my 'bad days'?
I already have the solution! Instead of trying to run away from my pain and wish my problems away, I can pray for humility! Humility will heal the pain.
Humility will take me out of myself. Humility, that strength granted to me by that 'power greater than myself,' is mine for the asking! Humility will bring balance back into my life. Humility will allow me to accept my humanness joyously."

1990, AAWS Inc.
Daily Reflections, page 204

No comments:

Post a Comment