I started a Web Site in 1999 when I came back into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. Tripod decided to block me a few years ago , so I stopped writing, posting. SO I decided to take the posts I had there and put them here. Plus new ones I found on the net and shares of my own. Take what you need and pass on the rest! Blessings ds♥

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Suspend Our Own Argument



For some reason, we spent a lot of time thinking or noting or talking about how wrong or mistaken so many other people persistently were.
(Whether they really were or not is irrelevant to the welcome change in our own feelings now.)
 
For some, the change begins with a tentative willingness to wait and see, to accept for a moment the hypothesis that the other person just possibly might be right. Before rushing to judgment, we suspend our own argument, listen carefully, and watch for the outcome.

From: "Being Grateful" 
1998 AAWS Inc.
Living Sober, pages 48-49 

No comments:

Post a Comment